Well, I have decided to read one book a week for the entire summer. This is an ambitious goal for someone that doesn't like to read! Actually, I do like to read. But, usually I read articles and textbooks.
I am recovering from a horrific workplace environment and I need to detox for a while. So, I decided that becoming a well-read individual would be a nice goal. Maybe my cynical and jaded attitude will actually subside.
The first book, The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath, may not have been the wisest choice. It is about an over achieving woman losing her mind. No, the irony wasn't lost on me. I am half way through the book on the third day. Hopefully, my power of concentration will be strong and I can finish it on time.
So far the books seems worthy of reflection.
Ph.D Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment